Fish Revolution is dedicated to empowering businesses and consumers with knowledge of how their seafood choices impact the health of our oceans.
We believe in supporting fishing communities and aquaculture practices that ensure healthy and viable ecosystems by connecting fishermen and producers with chefs and consumers that desire responsible options.
Fish Revolution provides sustainable seafood education, sourcing assistance; including research consulting services to decrease harmful impacts of our seafood choices on the world's oceans. We work with businesses and supply chain members to define avenues for improving seafood purchasing practices that reflect both sound business decisions and solutions to ocean issues. Fish Revolution engages consumers by hosting fun and delicious educational events, providing access to educational resources, and encourage connections between consumers and the people who catch and sell their fish.
What We've Achieved
- Since 2008 we have we have partnered with industry members in every area of the seafood supply chain to shift millions of dollars of annual revenue away from harmful fishing and aquaculture practices
- Launched the successful dinner series, Seafood Stories, to engage consumers in ocean conservation issues and host monthly dinners in San Francisco and have taken the dinners on the road to Maui and Oahu, Hawaii (2016).
- We worked to bring the first Sustainable Seafood Week, a weeklong celebration of sustainable seafood, to San Francisco, in partnership with Flip Labs and Future of Fish (2015).
- We designed and implemented Seattle's first citywide sustainable seafood restaurant program in 2015 with over one hundred restaurants participating, in partnership with Flip Labs and Future of Fish (2015).
- Partnered with Fog Harbor Fish House to establish the first 100% sustainable seafood restaurant on Pier 39 in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf (2011).
- We have joined Pier Market, Wipeout Bar & Grill, and Scoma's in San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf on their journey to become 100% sustainable (2011-present).
- Hosted Fishermen's Wharf Community Benefit District's Sustainable Seafood Restaurant Workshop engaging over 50 businesses in creating change in the iconic fishing neighborhood (2014).